Deadline for submitting thesis topic announcement
We would like to inform our students that the deadline for submitting thesis topic announcement will be changed to June 15 due to the current, difficult study administration possibilities. The Thesis topic announcement form will not have to be submitted by paper, but electronically, and we will soon inform those concerned about how and under what conditions.
Rules for announcing the topic of the degree thesis
(5) The thesis topic must be chosen by the student in accordance with the training programme’s requirements.
(1) Organisationalunits responsible for the programmes (institutes, departments) must offer students thesis topics by the beginning of every semester.
(2) The student can consult with one or more supervisors on their thesis. The supervisors can be lecturers and researchers of the University, or scholars not employed by the University.
(2a) In the cases of teacher training programmes subject to the provisions of Nftv., topic supervisors may be:a)Full or part-time employees of the University, including head teachers of practising schools, orb)other professionals with a degree in teaching or psychology working in a field related to public education.
(3) The students choose the thesis topic from the options offered by the organisational unit referred to under paragraph (1), or with the approval of their supervisor(s), or if the students have no supervisor(s) yet, with the approval of the Head of the organisational unit responsible for the programme.
(4) Between choosing the thesis topic and final exam perioda) in undergraduate and graduate programmes at least 6 months,b) 340in single-cycle long programmes at least 12 months must pass.
(5) The relevant organisational unit can stipulate a longer time frame to accommodate the thesis’ topic choice. The students must be notified of this in time.
(6) The topic and supervisor of the thesis is approved by the Head or the Appointee of the organisational unit responsible for the programme (Head of the institute, Department Head or Head of the programme), or in the case of the teacher training programme subject to the provisions of Nftv., the Head of the programmeor someone designated by themwithin one month, considering approving potential non-disclosure arrangements.
(7) Individual departments can appoint thesis referents whose job is to answer the students’ questions about writing their thesis.
(8) The student can change the topic of the thesis, but between changing the topic and the beginning of the final exam perioda) in undergraduate and graduate programmes at least 4 months,b) 343in single-cycle long programmes at least 8 months must pass. The Head of the programme can extend this period to period defined under paragraph (4).
(9) The University is not obliged to provide a supervisor after the second change of topic, or any after that, orin the case of the termination of the student’s student status
(10) The Office of Educational Affairs must be informed about the approved topic and the supervisor.
(1) The deadline for announcing the topic of the degree thesis is -with regard to the exemption set in this section
-a) in the case of Bachelor and specialisationcourses, with the exception of the case specified in paragraph (3)-for the final examination in the second semester 15 October,-for the final examination in the first semester 15 May;
b) in the case of Master's Degree courses, including single-cycle courses, with the exception of the cases specified in points c) and d)-if the final examination is in the second semester, until 15 May of the academic year prior,-if the final examination is in the first semester, until 15 October of the academic year prior.
c) in the case of Intercultural Psychology and Pedagogy or Social Acceptance majors-for the final examination in the second semester 15 October,-for the final examination in the first semester 15 May;
d) in the case of a Psychology Master’s Degree course-in the case of the research part of a thesis written in line with the criteria valid until 2015 or the criteria valid from 2016 onwards, pursuant to the provisions laid out in point b), -in the case of the applied partof a thesis written in line with the criteria valid from 2016 onwards, in the semester of the final examination, by Friday of the second week of the study period.
(2) An extended deadline -longer than set in (1) -for taking the role of a Supervisor for a degree thesis is announced by the Office of Educational Affairsafter being notified by the competent educational organisational unit.
(3) In the case of non-teacher degree courses or portfolio-type degree theses -if the curriculum of the particular degree course specifically sets it as a requirement -the student does not have to choose a topic or ask for a Supervisor. For this reason there is no need for announcing the student’s degree thesis topic.
(4) The document submitted by the student must involve the statement of the Supervisor on undertaking the tasks of supervision and the approval of the Head or of his or her proxy of the organisational unit responsible for the degree course.