Procedure of the entrance examination
The admission procedure contains an oral entrance exam. The entrance exam is a discussion in English about a social integration/ an intercultural pedagogy and/or intercultural psychology related article, which the applicant receives at the beginning of the oral examination. The applicant has one hour to read and make notes after that the oral examination takes place. During the oral examination the applicant should be able to summarize the article and answer the questions regarding the article.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION?
While reading the article, please focus on the following things:
- Study the article.
- Gather your thoughts about the article, which you would like to highlight during the discussion.
- It is important to be able to summarize the essence of the article.
- Try to link the topic, methods, approach of the article to what you studied during your undergraduate programme.
- You do not have to understand each and every word of the article. Try to understand the essence.
- Show critical thinking whether concerning the methods and/or the theoretical background.
- The essential thing is to gain an overall impression of what the article's topic is.
Successful applicants must have a good command of English and pass the entrance exam. There will be a short discussion about the applicant’s background and motivation. Also the reference work will be evaluated.
Results and the official decision will be announced within a month after the entrance exam date, in the application system.
If you have any further questions regarding the above, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also find some general information at the University’s website at http://www.elte.hu/en